finishes and techniques for cabinetry, furniture, fireplace surrounds, staircases, doors and moldings include detail and accent glazing, distressing or rubbing back and accent or all over crackling, over a painted or stained surface.
in addition to painting and finishing Lou Ann has completed the following for her clients.
· Add or replace crown molding, add accent molding, custom base molding, corbels and columns to existing cabinets.
· Upgrade exposed hinges to hidden hinges.
· Replace existing cabinet doors with new doors
· Design, build and install kitchen cabinet islands.
· Replace cabinet doors with drawers for microwaves or storage. Follow the cabinet & furniture glazing, before & after and fireplace surrounds links to see more
image: lou Ann installed columns, custom base molding, dental crown molding and recessed panels to this island before painting and glazing this island focal point of the kitchen.
venetian plaster, Luster Stone, raised stenciling & tissue paper textures are a few of the more popular textured finishes for ceilings & walls.
Old World, decaying plasters and dimensional brick, stone, and slate finishes can be created with a combination of Troweling, skip troweling, stippling and knockdown techniques.
Image: raised all-over stencil over decaying textured venetian plaster
Faux wood grains, marble or brushed metal finishes for furniture and accent pieces.
Faux leather or suede finishes and color washing, frontage, stippling, pebbling, weaves and bagging techniques for your walls and ceilings will create depth and warmth and a complimentary backdrop for your furnishings.
Image: Faux Mahogany woodgrained table & chairs with a detail & accent glaze.